Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So Brave Young and Handsome by Leif Enger

I thought Sister BK had already reviewed this book, but I don't see it in the list. So let me be the one to say it's a beautifully written book. I always thought that Peace Like a River was an all-time hit, and I couldn't figure out why this author hadn't written anything else. Well, after about a 10-year break, he did. So Brave Young and Handsome is the story of the adventures of an author who has writer's block, so maybe that was the problem. Anyway, the characters are wonderful, and it's a book I recommend you read. - June

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did recommend this book, but in an e-mail instead of blogging (as I have been instructed). So, thanks, June. Does this mean it gets a "Two Thumbs Up?" BT

Jean said...

Yup! A big "Two Thumbs Up".