Monday, March 17, 2014

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

After reading rave reviews about this book, I came across it in my local library and grabbed it.  I am so very glad I did.  This little book is a gem, and I've heard rumors that it will soon be a movie.  But read it first!!  The story is told in the first person by a character named Don who is a genetics professor.  I'm no expert and it never is completely spelled out, but it appears he has Asperger's.  He's brilliant, organized, handsome, and he's looking for a partner.  He decides to try to find a wife, and the way in which he goes about it..... well, it's sweet and funny and very scientific.  You will love Don and you will cheer for him to find what he's looking for.  BT, you will fly through this in a weekend.  Enjoy it!  -June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOOOO Fun! And, yes, I agree that he has Asberger's and this is a marvelous way to introduce and, perhaps, orient a bit, those who are not familiar with the various aspects of this syndrome and in a sympathetic way. It could be a little off-putting in the beginning if the reader is not a bit savvy regarding this syndrome. But, it is hilarious and you feel his frustration as well as his determination. Read it!