Sunday, September 6, 2015

Stir: My Broken Brain and the Meals That Brought Me Home by Jessica Fechtor

This is a very well written memoir by a young woman who had a brain aneurysm when she was running one day. She was healthy in every way and was attending graduate school when her life came to a halt. She writes about the surgeries and the recoveries. And she writes about how getting back into her kitchen was her way of trying to be normal again. Her love for cooking and for food kept her going. When he recovery was far enough along that she could write, she started a food blog which became very successful.

Each chapter ends with a recipe, usually one that has been mentioned in the chapter. My copy of this book belongs to a friend, but I promise you I'll be copying most of those recipes before I give it back. This is an interesting and quick read, and I recommend it.

No comments: