Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The Sweeney Sisters by Lian Dolan

Let me say first that I love Lian Dolan. I've never met her, but I've listened to her radio shows and her podcasts for years. I feel like she's a friend. The Satellite Sisters is a funny, warm, entertaining podcast, and their FaceBook group is made up of fun-loving, intelligent women. Lian is one of the sisters who hosts it all, and she does a fabulous job.

Of course, Lian has been promoting her book on the podcast, and I wanted to give it a try. I knew the premise (after their father's death, three sisters find out their father also had another daughter) and thought it might be a creative read. I guess I'd say it was like a Hallmark movie. I got caught up in how it would possibly end but along the way, it was frustrating. Each sister has a unique personality, and she is described the same way over and over. There's a lot of focus on their clothing, their hairstyles, even their makeup. I know this is part of the character description, but it was repetitive. And I just knew that the book couldn't end until each of the sisters found a handsome man. So while I won't recommend that you read the book, I do highly recommend you listen to the podcast. I'm sorry, Lian. - June

No comments: