Thursday, September 29, 2022

This Time Tomorrow by Emma Straub

I'll confess that I'm a sucker for books and movies about time travel and alternative lives. Movies like Peggy Sue Got Married, About Time, Sliding  Doors. And books like The Midnight Library and Life After Live. They all make me think about the "what ifs" and what I would do differently if I had it all to do again.

This Time Tomorrow is a fun read and I loved the characters and writing. Alice and her father have lived in New York City (tons of references to life in NYC) and their relationship is a highlight in the novel. On her 40th birthday, Alice travels back to her 16th birthday where she sees a younger, healthier version of her father. She also realizes that she can make changes when she's 16 that will be revealed when she returns to adulthood. I won't give away all the details but I enjoyed it all. If you're open to the possibility of time travel, add it to your list. - June

No comments: