Monday, July 10, 2023

The Measure by Nikki Erlick

I know I'm repeating myself when I say this, but I love it when an author comes up with a fresh idea for a novel and manages to pull it off! 

Imagine if you are presented with the opportunity to know exactly how long your life would be. Would you want to know? This is the main premise of The Measure. And, as a society, if we started discovering who would live a short life and who would achieve old age, would we treat each other differently? Would you marry someone who only had a few years to live? Would you hire them? Would you vote for them?

This book is well written but a little predictable. Yet I sttill do recommend it. - June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree (what a surprise!). I love an author who develops a theme so well you find yourself telling others about it and asking them "what would you do if....?"