Friday, October 6, 2023

Remarkable Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt

I wasn't sure how interested I was in reading a book about an octopus - but while there IS an octopus that plays a major role in the book, it isn't a book just about him. And this is a very fun read that I highly recommend. And if you can listen to it like I did, all the better.

Tova (a sweet 70-year-old widow) works at her local aquarium cleaning. This is where she meets Marcellus, the giant octopus. Cameron is a 30-something guy who can't hold a job and is generally messing up constantly. His mother abandoned him when he was 9 and he is trying to find his father. These two storylines merge for a very satisfying ending (even if it is a little predictable). 

And to top it off, it's well-written. Highly recommend. - June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is such a gem! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire book and have recommended it many times over....