If this novel were a movie, I would have walked out after twenty minutes. This is just not my type of book at all. Way too much violence.... rape, torture, murder, corruption, fraud, blood, more torture. I'm not sure why I kept plowing through it but I guess I wanted to know how it would end. But it was not an enjoyable journey to get there.
The book is well written, I guess. And maybe that is why it was tolerable. There's a series of murdered women who are found in a church, a female policewoman who doesn't believe the man in prison did the killings, and a couple of young kids who are mixed up in all this, and they also are caught in this web of violence. The ending is a little far-fetched but it's over now. I need to read something funny. - June
No comments:
Post a Comment