Thursday, August 20, 2026

More Than Enough by Anna Quindlan

I've read several of Anna Quindlan's books, and after reading this one, I probably should read some more. She reminds me a bit of Anne Tyler in that she writes about everyday people with whom you can easily relate. In this novel, we meet Polly, a 42-year-old woman living in New York City. She's married to her second husband and she teaches English in a private girls' school. Like most women in their 40's, she has her share of relationships and some of them are wonderful and others aren't. She struggling with infertility, her negative feelings about her mother, her father's dementia, and her best friend's cancer diagnosis. And then to add to the mix, she takes a DNA test and discovers she is supposedly related to a family she doesn't know.

The writing is easy and sometimes funny, sometimes sweet. I loved several of the characters, especially her brother, her husband (a vet at the Bronx Zoo) and his mother. They are people you know or you want to know. 

I enjoyed this book and I KNOW you would too, BT, because there is a moment where the birth of a giraffe is described. 

Recommend it. - June

No comments: