Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout

I'm not usually a fan on short stories. So when friends raved about this book, I put it off. Finally, a trusted friend told me it was her favorite book from the last few years. And she said it had won a Pulitzer. That did it. I had to read it. I must say it is one of the best I've read in a long time. I didn't want it to end. I wanted more stories about the people in this little Maine town, and I wanted to hear more about Olive. - June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it is one of the finest books I've read in ages! Such a talent to be able to create an empathetic bond between the reader and the character and have that bond evolve as the story develops through narratives ostensibly about other people, some of whom are only on the periphery of Olive's life. Sometimes I don't understand why a book received the Pulitzer. There is no question about this selection. Read it. Sisters!--BT