Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall

I completely loved reading this book. The author has a style I adore, and I found myself laughing out loud at some of the story lines that may or may not have been intentionally funny. I was happily sucked into the lives of this family of one husband, four wives, and over 25 children. Fortunately, the book focuses on just a few characters, and I found them to be fascinating. I'll admit that the ending caught me off guard. I found myself saying "He/She wouldn't do that! Why did the author throw that in there?" Maybe I missed something along the way, but I'd like to rewrite my own ending. - June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for recommending this one, June. I thought it was brilliant on several levels--including the ending, although I understand wanting a "redo." What would you have written? Buster