Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Friend of the Family by Lauren Grodstein

I do believe this was recommended by Sister BT, and I think she found a good read here. There are many secrets kept from the reader as the narrator weaves his story. The plot revolves around the narrator and his family and the family of his best friend. As the book jumps around in time, we realize that the main character is in trouble, and we're left to try to understand why. It's very well written, and the story-line keeps you reading. I will admit that I was somewhat let down by the ending. I wanted answers to all the questions even if I didn't like them. I'm OK with the fact that the relationship with his son was shattered, but the accusations made against him were never cleared, and I wanted that resolved. - June

No comments: