Monday, June 20, 2011

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

I'm a little behind in my reading.... obviously. This was the "book of the moment" about 3 years ago, but I'm finally getting around to reading it. And I picked it up reluctantly. Several friends swore it was one of the best books they'd ever read, while others said they didn't like it at all. As for me... I loved it. It's beautifully written, and the characters are very well developed. And the dogs!! Loved all the dogs references! Yes, the ending is hard to read, but it truly does follow the Hamlet storyline, so you know it will end tragically. But it's definitely a book that I'll remember for a long time. -June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read this during the "Wow!" phase and loved it. I took it to work and lend it occasionally to the guys in the Canine Program, even though it is dark and has a killer ending!! Buster