Friday, August 22, 2014

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

You can't help but notice the covers of this authors books.  I think she's written several and all the covers have the titles in large letters and her name below - no picture or anything to give you a hint as to what the book is about.  Somehow I thought it was just light romantic stuff, and while it isn't award winning fiction, this book was good.  Yes, it's a tad predictable but still worth reading.  Louisa is a young English woman who takes a job caring for a young man who was injured in an accident and is not a quadriplegic.  They come from very different worlds and backgrounds yet they find a way to get past all of that and connect.  I don't want to tell more, but if you're looking for a quick, light read, this might be it.  -June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this book very much! I liked trying to put my mind in the same place as his and, then, hers. Predictable, yes. But, worthy? Yes.