Saturday, June 10, 2017

Case Histories by Kate Atkinson

I love Kate Atkinson. One of my very favorite books is Life After Life and I adored God in Ruins. So even though I knew that this book was written early in her career, I was ready for a good read. And it was. The book is very well written and there's something about the way she writes that pulls me into the story and the characters.

The novel starts with three different mysteries: a three-year-old girl disappears while she's sleeping in a tent with her sister; a young woman is stabbed in an office; and a woman kills a man with an ax. Each story is described in detail and each one is left hanging. And then we meet Jackson. He's a detective that is hired to try to figure out these three unrelated mysteries.

While there were some slow parts along the way, and I felt there were too some unnecessary character backgrounds given, I did enjoy this book and certainly found the answers to the mysteries to be satisfying (and all in the last 10 pages of the book)! Recommend.-June

No comments: