Monday, January 22, 2018

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter

This novel starts with a bang. No, it actually starts with two bangs! And after both of these, I couldn't help but wonder if the whole book was going to be one shocking event after another. I don't know how to write anything here without giving it away, and I would encourage you to read it like I did without any knowledge about the plot at all. But be prepared to be blown away with the first 100 pages.

After things calm a bit, we learn about two sisters, Sam and Charlie, both lawyers, who have a strained relationship. There are secrets and lies and mysteries to figure out. If you're looking for a good thriller, a real "who dunnit", this could be it. It's not my normal read, but I enjoyed it for a change of pace. It gets wonderful reviews and I understand why. - June

No comments: