Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty

My dear BT. PLEASE read this. I'm begging you. I want to talk about it and although I read it for a book club meeting, I'm afraid that this is a book that most of them will hate and probably not finish.

Is is without a doubt the strangest book I've ever read. And yet the writing..... that is what kept me going. The detailed descriptions, the character development, AND there's even a wonderful obituary.

The Rabbit Hutch is a low-income apartment in a small town in Indiana. The main characters in the novel live in this building plus a wild variety of characters, some of whom only appear for a chapter and yet are beautifully described (Father Tim!). 

Anyway, it's a wild ride and has way too much sex for most of my book club members but somehow I think you can handle it.

So yes, I do recommend this book. -June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really going to have to write my reaction as soon as you order me to read something because by the time I read your review again, I had forgotten most of what I read except I liked it! May go back and read the summary or this will be a very one-sided conversation. :-)