Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese

Whew! I have finally finished this long (but excellent) novel!! I don't know why it took me so long to get through it. Maybe because it is a million pages long and the percentage read number on my Kindle rarely moved. Or maybe it's because there were several times during the saga I felt things were wrapping up and over.... only to see that I wasn't close to being done. 

Since this is a novel spread over several generations, people are born, people die, there are secrets.... lots of secrets. And there are wonderful characters that you will love. 

It takes place in India starting in 1900 and ends in the late 70s. The story follows one family; however, there are extended family members and spouses and friends that come in and out and then come back into the story line. I can't possible summarize this one but I'll just say it was worth the read. Now I need to find something a little lighter and shorter. Definitely recommend. - June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LIKED CUTTING FOR STONE BETTER, BUT this book is a work of at as well. I loved it.