Saturday, February 24, 2024

The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margo by Marianne Cronin

This book was what I needed after reading Rabbit Hutch and Trust. It's a lovely book about friendship in the most unlikely of places... a hospital. Seventeen-year-old Lenni befriends 83-year-old Margo, and they realize that together they have lived 100 years! As their friendship develops, they open up their lives to one another. I found it to be enchanting and well written. 

It may not win the awards the others mentioned above have received, but it was a nice change of pace and I highly recommend it. - June

P.S. A movie version is coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you told me to read this absolutely delightful book and I thank you!! Had just been discussing how ill-equipped we are in this society to treat death as the necessary end to life...the terror surrounding it, etc.