Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner

Yes, another WW2 novel. How can there be so many? And while this one is never going to win a Pulitzer for it's fabulous writing, it is a good story. It's about two young sisters who are sent from London into the country to protect them during the war. And about how they get separated during the Blitz when they escape and return back to London. The description of the bombings and the aftermath are the best parts of the book, in my opinion.

The rest of the novel focuses on the two sisters trying to find one another as they grow into adults.

I will say the second half dragged a bit for me but it was a worthwhile read. I need to find a book I'm crazy about. It seems I'm just reading "ok" books and I need a fabulous one!! - June

No comments: