Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Beginner's Goodbye by Anne Tyler

Anne Tyler.  When anyone asks me my favorite author, she's always at the top of the list.  There's something about her writing that simply transports me into the world she writes about.  I don't know how she does it, but I feel I know the characters, see the setting, feel like I'm there.  While The Beginner's Goodbye may not be my favorite book by Anne Tyler, it's still worth reading (or in my case, listening to it).  Aaron's wife, Dorothy, has died.  Through the use of flashbacks, we learn how they met and what their married life was like.  And when Dorothy starts to appear to Aaron after her death, they talk about things that were left unsaid between them.  Some of the secondary characters were very interesting too.  Recommend it.  -June

No comments: