Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani

I ended up having to power through the second half of this in time for my book club meeting. I'd like to have that time back please. It just wasn't worth it. While there were parts of this book that were interesting, it really is a romance novel. 

The book takes place in India where American Jaya travels to recover from multiple miscarriages and to find out about her family. She learns about her grandmother who was a write, and an independent woman in a very restricted situation. The book covers every topic you can imagine: grief, marital infidelity, racial prejudice, poverty, oh my...... on and on. 

More than anything, this book needs a good editor. It gets wonderful reviews but just not from me. Or from anyone in my book club. - June

No comments: