Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Girl, Forgotten by Karen Slaughter

When I walk and listen to audiobooks, mysteries keep me going. This one was ok for that purpose, but I know that if I had read the book, I would have skipped to the end to find out what happened once I reached the halfway mark. It's about a high school senior in the 80's who gets pregnant and then is murdered. She had attended a party, taken drugs, couldn't remember anything that happened there, and was obviously raped. That is one storyline. 

There's also a current storyline where Andrea, a US Marshall, is trying to solve this 40-year-old murder. There's more to the story, of course, but the mystery is who raped the young girl and who killed her.

Evidently, there is a series of books about Andrea. Not sure I'll rush to read the next one. This one moved way too slow for me. - June

No comments: