Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Love & Saffron by Kim Fay

I admit that I make snap decisions as to whether or not to read a book based on the title or the cover.  I shouldn't do this, but if the cover is very feminine and "girly", I assume it's chick lit and I probably am not interested. When I heard the title of this one, it sounded like a romance novel. I pictured the cover with a shirtless hunky man cooking, maybe with nothing on but an apron. Hmmm. Interesting idea, huh?

Anyway, this is not a romance novel. It's a very short but sweet novel written entirely in letters by two women who both share a love of food, adventures, and life. It's the perfect book to read after you've read something heavy and depressing. One of the women lives in the Seattle area and the other in LA, and it takes place in the 60's. There are lots of references to events during that time, so us geezers can relate to them. It's a story of friendship - and did I mention food? You'll be hungry as you read it.

Recommend it. - June

No comments: